Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Climbing up...

Sunday: Scott used Charlie as a "ladder" to get up on the table....hahaha how cute. Step two: no Charlie needed! Ok time to get off! Now we literally can't leave him in the living room by himself because he will climb on the table. We don't so much get him in trouble for climbing up we are just concerned for the falling off portion...so we try to only let him do it when we are there to "help" aka watch!

"Listen up Parker J. I'm going to read you a story!"

Time to get comfy!

Today is also Scott's 14 month birthday! Flying I tell ya!
Today Parker came over to play...we played cars inside (see below) then went swimming (hence the swim diaper only in above pictures). Loving the summer weather!
So yes, Scott can climb on the coffee table (amongst other things) unassisted. I can't get too mad about this because we have video of Brian dancing to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' on this very table when he was 4 or so....perhaps I will figure out how to post it one of these days, its the most awesome thing you've ever seen! Scott can also open all the doors in our house (has been able to for 2 or 3 months now) which is a real treat. His favorite door to open is the pantry. He would like to choose his own snacks thank you very much. He grabs his apple crispy snacks multiple times a day and brings them to me signing please...at least he asks!
Scott also had is first time out on Monday. I'm aware he may be too young for time-outs but I had to do something. He knows how to turn on the water on the arrowhead cooler. I've told him "no", I don't know somewhere around a MILLION times - to no avail. He knows better. So finally on Monday he was about to turn it on and I said "please don't turn the water on Scott" he looked at me and turned it on - never breaking eye contact. I said "if you do it again you are done playing and you will sit in time out", water on = full eye contact! BAM you just won yourself one minute in time out (I was told by someone to do one minute for every year old they are because that's usually the most they can understand, made sense to me). At first he didn't get it but when he tried to leave the corner and I made him stay: full fledged tantrum resulting in Scott laying on the ground kicking the wall with his feet (a little funny, a little sad...but I held my ground and didn't laugh). So, that was fun!
Another development: vegetable lover....finally! I couldn't for the life of me understand how MY kid didn't like veggies....what was I doing wrong?!?! Well, he has finally come around (somewhat) and the kid cannot get enough broccoli! He has had his first taste of "ice cream" (quoted because Brian would say that he has not had real ice cream yet, what I gave him hardly counts as ice cream, as it was raw-vegan-diary free goodness!). HE LOVED IT!
We are having tons of fun trying to keep up with our 14 month old, everyday is definitely a new adventure!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! He has such a personality!! Great watching it grow. Sorry, about the time out already. :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers