Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Backyard science + ice cream shenanigans

 Awesome weather is persisting!  I'm in love with spring (ok I know its technically not spring yet, but close enough, and spring is pretty short lived in these parts, we will have summer temps before we know it).
During Owen's nap today we invited Parker J. and Mimi and Papa over for some backyard science.  Shout out to pinterest for the great "recipe".  We mixed cornstarch and shaving creams to create a fun moldable cloud dough.


Then we added colors and did some color mixing (Scott saw how the blue glass on my windshield reflected on something yellow and he saw green and he has been obsessed with color mixing ever since, "mom tell me the story about blue and yellow makes green again.")
 Then the big boys ran through the sprinklers to wash off (that's right, naked sprinkler weather, my east coasters are you jealous?)

And Owen woke up for some water play.

After we all got showered and dried off and fed we decided an ice cream treat was in order.  So I know you've seen pictures of kids eating ice cream before, also you've seen my kids eating ice cream already. But this was Owen's first taste (I figure his birthday is on friday, might as well start the party now!)
So just to document the cuteness:
 "What am I supposed to do with this?"


 "Oh yum."


 "More please!"


 "That's the stuff."


 Not missing a bit.


 Hahahaha...this one is my fave!

(for the record Owen is going dairy free as well)



Bring on spring (and summer for that matter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers