Monday, December 17, 2012

9 month follow up

Went to our ped today for Owen's 9 month well baby visit.  He is fighting a cold, so I guess it wasn't a completely well baby visit, but close enough.  And she gave his lungs and ears the all clear and said we were on the up and up.  Home fry is 22lbs 7oz.  He is also 90% for height and 99% for head circumference.  This is all with him not eating many solids yet still.  New foods tend to get him all constipated so we are still doing pureed zucchini and pears and easing in applesauce, carrots, sweet potato etc.  The last few days with his cold he hasn't wanted to eat much and has been really constipated (poor baby, and if he ever reads this sorry for discussing your poop buddy) so over the last week or so we've been back to exclusively breast feeding.
The nurse made a funny face at me when she asked if we were feeding him all food groups yet and I said no.  Then she asked what we were feeding him and I said just fruits and veggies.  Then she asked if we were doing rice cereal or oatmeal - are those a fruit or a veggie?  Then no.  This was the same nurse that told me I could alternate motrin and tylenol when Owen's fever spiked a few months ago.  She clearly doesn't know me at all.  But my doctor reassured me that Owen is thriving and that "I must be making cream" since he isn't eating many foods yet and is growing like a weed.  So, in your face Nurse Negative Nancy, my way works too!  (This is not meant to be a knock on how other people feed or medicate their children, this is what works for us but this is nurse is very judgy about that)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers