Sunday, December 16, 2012

9 months

The littlest T-Rex turned nine months old on Saturday.  He has yet another cold and/or is teething right now so our photo shoot was short and sweet and didn't result in many smiles.
Owen goes for his 9 month well baby visit tomorrow and I'm anxious to know how big he is getting because I'm sure feeling it, homeboy is HEAVY!
Owen is not walking yet, but can cruise along the furniture with the best of them.  I think he is waving but its a pretty funny hand motion so I can't be sure, he uses the motion when it would be appropriate to wave to that's my guess.  And its pretty cute.
I don't know if I've written about his growling noises, I feel like I must have but can't be sure and quite simply don't have the time or energy to look it up.  But for a few months now he's made a growling noise when he plays and we always have joked that he is around so much growling by having Scott as a big brother that he is learning early.  But now I know for sure that he is growling.  He does it all the time and loves growling back at Scott when Scott does it to him.  Cuteness.  When Scott plays T-Rex (which is 90% of the time) he calls Owen the baby T-Rex.
Sleep has become an issue lately.  Hard to get him down for naps and bedtime.  We were doing fine and then we were hit with the teething/sickies/fever over Thanksgiving and we haven't quite recovered our routine.  I know that this will pass but man our rocking chair is not comfortable for 3 hour stretches.
Owen has also started exploring things he is not supposed to, like bookshelves and night lights.  He goes for these things every time he's around them and we have started telling him 'no' and redirecting him.  Enough that I think he is starting to have an understanding of the word 'no'.  Now he goes for them and then pauses and looks back, when we tell him no he either a) goes more quickly for them to try to get there before we stop him or b) turns around.  And Scott loves helping to tell Owen no.  He does so very nicely, but Scott loves to boss people around.
I can't believe in a few short months he will be turning one.  Love my happy little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers