Friday, May 17, 2013

Signs that Brian is traveling:

Brian has been "on the road" a fair bit lately.  Between golf and Rascal Flatts he has been to some really fun destinations and he knows he is missed here while he is gone.  I have mentioned before that things get a little nutty over here when Brian goes, which is fine, we manage well and have lots of help.  But I was catching myself the other day thinking of all the things that we do differently when Brian is gone.  They made me chuckle and roll my eyes a little.

1.) Bedtimes are out the window.  Some nights we try for normal bedtime.  Some nights I literally don't even try or look at the clock, we just do our thing and it happens when it happens.

2.) Whenever bedtime happens you can usually find all three of us falling asleep together.  Sometimes Scott gets moved after he falls asleep, sometimes not.

(1+2= reasons why Owen is not transitioning to his own bed, even for an hour, at night)

3.) More than one meal worth of dishes in the sink.  Always.

4.) Don't be surprised to find me in the garage in my chonies pulling out clean clothes (yoga pants, who are we kidding) from the dryer to get dressed for the day.  Laundry rarely makes it in and if it does its in very small batches.

5.) Our iPod playlist changes.  Family dance parties happen nearly every day at our house.  Usually in the morning when we are getting ready (but sometimes not if Scott is in a bad mood) and almost always in the evening while we are making or cleaning up from dinner (and sometimes while we are eating it). These are some of my favorite times of day and we don't stop the dancin' when Brian is on a trip, but he thinks my playlist is on the lame side.  So we compromise and that's cool.  But when daddy travels its mommy's picks all day!  And every once in a while a Christmas song might sneak in there, I can't help it.

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones currently making me giggle to myself.  Happy to have Daddy home again for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers