Monday, May 20, 2013

Two wheelin'

Yesterday was a momentous day in the Campbell house.  Scott learned to ride a two wheel bike, no training wheels.  We had been feeling like Scott was ready to tackle this for a while and were keeping our eyes out for a good deal on a bike.  Yesterday we stopped at REI on the way to a birthday party and lo and behold we found one.  We couldn't wait to get home from the birthday party so Scott could try it out.  He hopped on and that was that.
If you haven't heard me rave about the balance bike then keep reading, if you have then skip ahead.  We borrowed a balance bike from a friend who's oldest had moved on and who's youngest is not quite ready.  It is seriously the greatest invention of all time.  If you have a little one I highly recommend it.  Scott got the concept of pedaling from his tricycle and the balance bike gave him the balance (duh!) and steering skills.  When he tried the two wheeler for the first time yesterday he just went, no learning curve, it was amazing, Brian and I were blown away.  We will be returning the balance bike to our friends for their youngest who is almost ready, but you can bet we are already on the look out for one we can borrow or buy for a good deal for Owen.

Speaking of Owen, this small fry loves keepin up on the tricycle (with the help of mom pushing).  He all but refuses to go in the stroller if Scott is riding his bike.

 And just for fun (from my instagram feed)  here is Scott's first day on the tricycle in July 2011 and his first day on his bike yesterday.  My oh my how time flies.


I've tried 3 times to upload a video of this experience and it keeps failing.  So for now pictures.  Maybe Brian can help me later (thank babe, wink wink!).

Watching Scott on a two wheel bike with Brian running behind him just in case made me tear up a little.  These are truly life's most precious moments.  My family blesses me abundantly and these boys are growing up right before my eyes.  I feel like the picture above from Scott on the trike to the bike happened as I blinked my eyes.  So proud of our big boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers