Thursday, August 14, 2014

Turtle Power


TMNT have become a presence in the Campbell home.  I felt like I did a decent job of holding off from ninja turle exposure for as long as possible.   Not that I have a problem with them, its just that Scott already loves super heroes, and rescue bots, and didn't need yet another toy to get excited about and want to start collecting.  My plan ended a few months ago when Scott played at a friends house who had ALL the ninja turtles.  He had seen them once before on Parker John's shoes but didn't know they were toys until the play date.  Since then, the boys have managed to collect all four, with one or two repeats as well as some masks and, of course, some weapons.  Can I also just say that I'm glad the boys got them before the movie came out and the toys changed to match the movie characters, they are super weird looking now.  One more, please!!! no one tell them that ninja turtles are either a TV show or movie.  I'm fine with the toys but I remember how TMNT talked from growing up and the last thing I need is the boys talking like little surfers and calling each other "dude" 24/7.  At least for now they don't know they could watch them, and I will take it. 
The latest and greatest in their collection:  these sweatshirts from Auntie Andy who spotted them at costco and picked them up for us.  
Despite the 80-90+ temps the boys have been wearing them non stop, sometimes zipped up and sometimes just as capes.  They will run around for a bit then take them off their sweaty little heads because "its so hot in here".  No guys, its the sweatshirts, the air conditioned house is not "so hot".

As I write about the ninja turtles you should know that in my head I'm saying it like Owen says it, which leads me to remembering to document the cute way he says certain things and how much I will miss that when he grows up.

Ninja Turtle - "Injee a tootoo"
Captain America - "Bat -merica"
Ketchup - "Chepup" (also used for "catch up", as in, "Mom, let's chepup to Scott.")

3 of my faves!!!

1 comment:

Followers