Thursday, August 18, 2016

Summer highlights...

So as it turns out, we spent most of our summer in the pool, so this is probably a post of mainly pool pictures.  Enjoy ; )

Something amazing that happened this summer is that Owen taught himself to swim.  I say taught himself because he did not take lessons and essentially got very little input from us.  When he wants to do something, he just does it.  He started by going back in forth holding on the wall of the shallow end (which he calls the "shadow end").  A few days later he progressed to swimming across the shallow end, followed by learning to bounce off the bottom half way through to get him all the way across.  Finally one night when I was at work Brian sent me a video of Owen jumping in the deep end and swimming to the shallow end.  Just like that. Its been fun watching him progress and its wonderful to have him confident and safe in the water now.





Way back in June we held a successful fundraiser for our school at a local indoor playground.  Somehow I got put in charge of fundraising for saving our school...let's just say I'm thankful for all the help.

These friends mowed some pizza that night.  And I would say this picture captures their personalities perfectly:

We celebrated a friends birthday at chuck-e-cheese (my least favorite place on the planet) and this guy played ski ball nearly the whole time. He loves it!

We had six amazing weeks of summer camp at our school, my personal favorite was tie-die week.  The boys made a few shirts and so did as, as well as pillow cases for their beds!


Most of our evenings included a quick (or long) dip in the pool....so I'm not actually sure how many showers we took this summer.  I feel like its our contribution to water conservation. 

Friends at camp.

Even Eden made a few appearances at camp.

After camp swimming with friends.



And many family dinners out.  O and Kenz are just about the cutest friends in all the land.




More friends, more pool evenings.






Lets not forget that much of the summer was spent at ad hoc committee meetings for the school board trying to save our campus.  I have never be prouder of my village than for the efforts we have shown this summer.  We will not go down without a fight.  And I seriously know some of the most intelligent, dedicated, bad ass women in the world!

Ice cream dayzzzzzz

And summer breakfasts...

And Malibu seafood dinners (and wine!!!!)

And pictures of with this one - that face, I can't!

And lots of tree climbing at Mimi and Papa's (he'll be officially in first grade next week! Dying!)


I've loved our long lazy mornings building and playing legos and swimming and reading and drinking second cups of coffee at 10 am. I'm sure going to miss summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am already mouring the end of summer! It has been the best and I will legit miss my kids when they go back.. not running errands with all of them but just being with them. The slow days of summer are magical!

    ReplyDelete

Followers