Thursday, June 22, 2017

Nashville

In between some of my last posts Brian and I snuck away for a quick trip to Nashville for his sister Nicole's wedding.  Originally we had planned to bring the kids, but as we kicked the planning into high gear we realized it was going to be pretty tough to get them there with such a quick turn around, plus the end of the school, plus baseball playoffs, so even though we missed them it was actually super nice to get away just the two of us!

In between wedding activities we were able to spend some time in downtown Nashville and see the sights and just enjoy each other's company all day.

Heading down broadway.  I have to say, I'm a fan! What a fun and lively city.  The humidity and heat I can do without though.


We scored some awesome seats right next to misters and a fan on the top of Acme, a bar that looked out over the river and Titan's stadium, so we planted ourselves there for several hours.  

Brian ordered us a couple drinks and made them doubles just so he wouldn't have to go back to the bar as many times.  Well a double at home is just that, like two shots - nothing crazy.  Well apparently in Nashville is a whole glass.  
Yeah, see my cup?  Full of tequila, straight.  When Brian brought it over I told him there was no way I was finishing that.  Fortunately Gerri met us for a few hours and I was able to share with her! It was pretty hilarious!

Date day with my guy! So happy!!!!

After that and some BBQ for dinner we headed to an Alan Jackson concert.  It was AMAZING!  First of all Alan Jackson is for sure the music of my childhood.  I knew every word.  To every song.  And the outdoor atmosphere was super fun!  

All in all a great day and a great trip.  I have zero wedding pictures because I'm terrible about carrying my phone around at weddings.  But just know it was beautiful and the bride was stunning! So very happy for Nicole and Jake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers