Thursday, May 13, 2010

Up early...no nap!

Charlie and Scott, already the best of friends! They had a blast playing with Scott's toys! At one point I swear Scott looked at Charlie from his seat with a look in his eyes that said, "Bro, help a baby outta this thing!"

"Hey Charlie, wanna play trucks?"

When I was young I guess I famously said, "up early! no nap!". Evidently I was not a big napper. Although Scott can't talk yet I believe that this is what his true sentiment is, up at 6ish (sometimes before) and maybe one or two 20-45 minute naps. That is fine by me (unless he gets so tired he is cranky because that is no fun for anyone) because that means there is tons of time in our day for walks and running errands and playing with toys and reading and meeting new friends!
Yesterday Scott and I set up his fun ABC mat from Auntie Hilary and Uncle Matt. Charlie was the first member of the family to be excited, he was certain that this must be a new place for him to hang out, and of course, he was welcome! Scott enjoyed the bright colors and he really liked when I rolled his trucks around! And both Charlie and Scott did a great job of sharing the toys! Later yesterday afternoon Scott and I did some errands. Scott is so much fun to bring out with me now because he is into looking at everything. We had a great time a target playing with all the toys in the baby aisle (and not buying any, yeah I'm that crazy lady who pushes every noise making light up toy in the aisle then bails!). Then we went to Follow Your Heart, an awesome vegan market and restaurant by our house. In the front of the store there is a whole section of goodies, like bamboo bowls and organic cotton table linens etc. Hanging from the ceiling are about 50 wind chimes (wind charms in my family), they hang so low that you almost have to duck to walk under them. Scott was in the ergo baby (this is his preferred means of travel these days as it allows him to see things and socialize) so the wind chimes were almost at eye level. I have never, in his whole two and a half months of life, seen him so enthralled. I swear he was thinking these were a little gift from heaven sent just for him, and that was before I even moved them to make noise. I think we spent 10 minutes just standing in the aisle looking up!!
Today we went to a free stroller strides class at the pump station in Westlake. Boy does that ever make me feel like a mom (in a good way don't get me wrong, just WOW). It was a great workout with lots of other fun moms and babies to meet! After we did some shopping and finally found a hat to fit Scott's noggin! Then for a really special treat we called Daddy and he was able to meet us at the park during his lunch!
Who needs naps when you've got all this going on?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers