Wednesday, July 6, 2011

33

July 3rd was a night to remember for sure! We spent an amazing evening in wonderful company enjoying delicious dinner at Disneyland's Club 33! We started the evening by piling into the Roy's new minivan (aka PARTY BUS) and drove to Disneyland in comfort and style! (Thanks for driving Leah!)

Tram ride from the parking lot with my date!

The 8 of us at the front of the park!

In front of Club 33 before dinner!

Dinner was, in a word, delectable! We have eaten there before so I was prepared for how yummy dinner was going to be but the food there always seems to exceed my expectations. 5 courses of heaven in my mouth! I love having long meals with great friends! The conversation was wonderful and of course hilarious!

On the balcony...

After dinner we took the tour. Below is a picture of the table from Mary Poppins.

Pretty costume sketches....can you find the hidden Mickey?

Ta-da! In the picture frame!

JD and Nicole calling her parents (big Disney fans) from the phone booth in the Club....cute!

After dinner we hit the park for some rides. I always laugh because people do look at you kind of strangely when you're walking around Disneyland in dresses and heels, and I sometimes forget I'm dressed but remember when people have a perplexed look on their face. We ran (literally ran) across to California Adventure so we could ride Tower of Terror before it closed - totally worth the run - even when I really felt my glass of wine during the first drop!

The lovely ladies waiting for Tower of Terror!

There was a churro wager placed on our scores for Buzz Lightyear - let's just say it was no contest. I will not be posting scores as mine was less than impressive, but I will say Kyle won, by A LOT! The churros were delish afterwards though : )


The Bride and Groom to be (July 2012) - nothing says true love like sharing a churro.

One of our last rides was Splash Mountain! I felt like I was 13 again - running around the park at 11:00pm riding Splash Mountain - seriously who does that. I stayed mostly dry (besides that nice wet butt print I had on my khaki colored dress from sitting in the wet seats. Some were not as lucky as I, Leilani sat in the very front and seriously got hit with a tidal wave! She was a good sport!
It was a wonderful night! Thank you Johnsons for the invite and thank you Johnsons, Roys and soon to be Avillas for your great company! And a special thanks to Uncle Bob and Aunt Rachel for watching our Scotty P. and putting him to bed while we enjoyed an incredible night!

1 comment:

  1. Can we do this next weekend too?? The churro pictures are my favorite! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Followers