Friday, February 24, 2012

Not a potato lover...

I have never been a big potato gal. Don't get me wrong a baked potato every now and then is great (especially with trader joes organic vegetarian chili on top) and on thanksgiving I can kill some mashed potatoes, but I don't really like them any other way....breakfast potatoes are bleh....especially hash brown....gross with a capital "G". And I have always been able to resist potatoes of the junk food variety: chips and fries....not.my.thing. Until today at TJs I just absolutely had to have ridge cute salt and pepper potato chips. What?!?! Random and gross. I guess that's a pregnancy craving for you. It took all my will power not to open the bag while I finished shopping and eat half before checking out...and looking back who would have stopped me? I highly doubt if anyone is going to deny the 9 month pregnant lady from her chips...paid for or not. But I controlled it...because even if no one stopped me I think that would have looked pretty glutinous. And oh snap if they were ever good when we got home. And I am happy to report I didn't eat the whole bag. This was my first true pregnancy craving for either baby. With Scott I couldn't get enough fruit, especially oranges, but it wasn't a craving, it's just what I enjoyed most. And this time around I have been loving spicy food, but I didn't HAVE to have it...and now I have retired from the spice all together thanks to the return of 3rd trimester heartburn! But the chips...had.to.have.em. Craving satisfied! Have a great weekend friends...happy snacking!

1 comment:

  1. So funny, I think you should've opened the bag in the store ;-) I liked all spicy with Charlie and no meat with either kids, needless to say I had a lot of eggs. Hope you are doing great, Char!

    ReplyDelete

Followers