Friday, February 3, 2012

Two boys...

In approximately six weeks we will have two boys. Wrap your head around that one!!! We are so very excited to meet Owen. We are so curious about him (as we were about Scott too) what will he look like, what will his personality be like...and in some ways we are extra curious will he act like his brother, will they look alike? Not to compare the two (which I know is a hard thing) but when you have one you just automatically wonder if they will do things similarly or completely opposite. I think it is so exciting that Scott is going to have a little brother. A built in playmate. A best friend. And I'm so excited that Brian and I get to be Mommy and Daddy to them.
I have to laugh (because if I don't my hormonal 8 month pregnant self will go bat crap crazy on someone) at the amount of people (strangers, if you have asked me this and you are my friend I take it in entirely different context) who have asked me "are you going to try for a girl?" When friends ask this for some reason I don't find it offensive, they/you know us and are truly curious if we are done at two kids no matter what or will we be having more, boy or girl. But when complete strangers see me out with Scott and then ask what I'm having and I answer and they immediately ask "are you going to try for a girl?" I seriously want to knock them senseless. Two boys isn't good enough? Two healthy children does not a complete family make? We have to conceive a daughter to truly be happy? I get that they don't really mean that, they are just being nice, making conversation etc. But (and its probably the hormones talking here) I find it kind of rude. I feel that they assume that I/we were hoping to have one of each and that we are somehow disappointed that we are having a second son. Wrong. First of all have you met Scott? He rocks our socks off. The kid is awesome. I get two of these? Sign me up. Would I love to have a daughter? Sure. Am I sad that Owen is not a girl? No. Will we have more children? Maybe (Brian will give you a more definite answer in that department but I refuse to make any decisions about future offspring while 8 months pregnant). If we have more children will it be because we are trying for a girl? No. It will be because we want a third child, boy or girl (which ironically I totally thought of a boy name I would use if we had a third boy, but don't know of a girl name - haha, don't read into that). So anyways that question from total strangers....weird right?! Not to mention the "wow you are huge" comments and the "are you sure its not twins?" - oh crap twins, I didn't even think of that...let me go check....yes I'm sure idiot!
On a pregnancy note: I feel like I gave so many updates with Scott and not a one with Owen. All is well on that front. I'm not going to lie I'm a little ready to not be pregnant anymore - I'm starting to not fit in maternity clothes...depressing. And lifting a 30lb toddler with this belly is less than fun, and I move a little slower. Mostly I'm just excited to meet the little guy though. And to be able to sit with Scott or rock him and have him fit in my lap again - poor buddy. Owen and I are going to prenatal yoga with Robin fairly regularly which has been amazing. And Scott gets to stay with his babysitter Michelle which he is loving! Owen still doesn't have a nursery and may not have one for a bit after he is born, Scott slept with us for a while so we figure there is no rush. We are just enjoying the last few days and weeks of being a family of 3 and spoiling Scott with lots of one on one time!
Counting down the days....so excited to meet Owen!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the "are you trying for a girl" comment. However, since I was pregnant with a girl and already had a boy, people always said "oh you're so lucky, one of each, now you can stop at 2". Really people? Keep the comments to yourself. What if I want more than 2 Like you, I just felt lucky to BE PREGNANT, have a healthy/normal pregnancy with a healthy baby growing inside me. It really made me think about how I talk to pregnant women. Being pregnant changes that in itself I guess. To end: you are a great mommy and YES, Owen and Scott are so blessed to have you and Brian as their parents :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers