Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{closet} nascar fan

 Ok because of Brian's job I must now finally admit that I'm becoming a bit of a nascar fan.  Don't get me wrong I have beyond zero desire to attend a race or even watch one on tv for that matter but I'm kind of obsessed with following up on who is winning.  I "liked" Hendrick motorsports on facebook (welcome to "true confessions of a nerd" right now) so now I can just check that to see if Kasey Kahne (the farmers driver) won or not.  Brian was at a race this past weekend in New Hampshire and what do ya know but KK won!!!  When I found out (via facebook, HA!) you would have thought Brian himself had been driving the car and won the race! I was so pumped!  I texted Brian immediately and he just wrote back that it was completely crazy!  He got to go to victory lane (I originally was calling it the winner's circle, its not called that...) and get sprayed with champagne and take all the pictures and all the crazy hulabaloo!  Check out the picture above from TV of Brian right next to Kasey after the win!  Yahoo!  Ok so I guess I'm not really a nascar fan, just a Kasey fan because I have a vested interest, but I do learn something new about the "sport" every week (this week was: victory lane not winners circle) like all the rules and why they do certain things and how ridiculously smart the crew people are (degrees in engineering and the like), so kinda cool.

While daddy was away the boys and I held down the fort (and even remembered to water the plants...ahem Mimi and Papa).

Owen and I usually have about an hour of time together before Scott wakes up.  O is the happiest little dude in the world in the mornings, its so much fun.  Makes up for the fact that Scott could not be grumpier if he tried when he first wakes up (like father like son?!), but never fear, a little breakfast usually fixes his mood.

Owen in the AM!

We've been working on the "big boy" puzzle almost daily since Mimi brought it out for Scott before they left on their trip.  Some days Scott has all the patience in the world for it, somedays not...but its fun to watch him work at it!

On Sunday we spent the whole day with the Richie gals and had a blast, we miss living next door and we definitely need some special time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers