Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day in the life....

I'm sure you've seen people do (or you, yourself have done) an hour by hour account of how they spend their day.  I enjoy those posts of other people.  Unfortunately, this is not that.  But I did take a lot of phone pics on Monday and looking back it ends up being a somewhat hourly account of how we spent our day.  Plus it was a fun and different sort of day for us.  So here goes.  Above:  Owen awake around 7, just waiting for big bro to wake up.  This seems to be our typical morning, Owen wakes up 1-2 hours before Scott on average, so he and I end up getting some one on one time while he plays in the playroom and I drink a hot beverage!  Its truly a great way to wake up!

9 am:  Scott is awake and we head out on our walk.  Here is a shot of the stroller on a "light" day.  A few pitas, the front pack, beverages, toys, phone, keys.

10am still walking and everyone is awake and happy (typically Owen should have been asleep by this point)  And now you see the rest of gear, books, snacks, cars...

11 am:  Lunch for Owen (cinnamon pears!)

11:30ish: set up for round one of gingerbread house decorating.  We are having a decorating party on Sunday but my H & P and AZ&K couldn't make it, so we decided to do a practice round just the three of us (with our 5 kids)

Noon:  The kids decorate and eat french toast (I have better pictures of this on my camera, for another post I suppose).  The mommas, watch and are amused, and drink coffee and eat french toast.  Oh and we told the kids the frosting was glue and the candy was pretend and made out of plastic.  LIARS.  But it saved us in the end.  Plus it was not "approved" candy (meaning fully of corn syrup and artificial colors)

One of the kiddos finished products (not Scott's, after he decorate his he tore it apart, boys)  and the awesomeness that is TJs gingerbread coffee

1pm: Hopped up. 

Then our cousins had to go home and the boys and I headed to my office to see some patients.  After the office a quick trip to target, then home again around 5:30.  This was a late work day for Daddy so Scott ate cereal and entertained Owen while I made dinners.

Then a little brotherly wrestling session before daddy got home and joined in the fun.  The baths and bed for everyone.

 Phew.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers