Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas card...

It wouldn't be a true Campbell Christmas if I didn't wait until the last second to do anything about Christmas cards.  I know that doing Christmas cards shouldn't be stressful, but I love receiving them and seeing all the pictures that it always makes me want to participate.  I always have really great intentions of getting good family pictures done…and then it never happens.  So then I attempt it myself.  Most years I've gotten lucky…but not without a few "out takes".  My biggest hurdle this year is that the boys had "nothing to wear".  And not like when I say it…when trying to dress them I realized that neither of them had anything "nice" in their wardrobes.  Whoops.  We are a jeans/sweats and t-shirt family, what can I say?!

So I finally grabbed the boys each a "nice" sweater (thank you target!) and got to work (also since this is their one piece of nice clothing this is also what they will be wearing for all Christmas parties, dinners and day.  Just saving you money Bri, wink)




 My next problem is that I do not know how to photograph at night.  I'm not trying to say I'm a professional during the day, far from it, but "auto" setting has got me covered for day shots, but night is a whole new can of worms.

Most of my pictures came out like this:  
 One great smile and one not.

When they boys started to get restless I brought down the our chalkboard because the quote I used seems appropriate.   But alas the lighting was off...

But the faces they made were AWESOME!

This one almost became our Christmas card, because come on, Owen's "singing" is just too hilarious.

A few nights before (and before I purchased sweaters) we tried a Christmas jams photo shoot.  Where Owen made this face the whole time:

Saying "cheese"…..see what I mean:

Then he smile….and Scott got silly:

So no, we didn't get a card shot that night.

Finally, a winner. 

After all that and extra dinero shelled out for rush shipping, they were still a day late arriving (tsk tsk tiny prints).  So they may or may not make it out on or before or around Christmas.  But it was the thought that counted right.  And who knows, maybe next year, professional pictures, in October.  It could happen.

So to your family from ours:

Merry Christmas!
Love,
The Campbells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers