Friday, December 6, 2013

Scott at School

First of all, we got our school pictures back.  I opened the envelope and nearly passed out from the cuteness….also he looks 14.

To say Scott has adjusted well to preschool is an understatement.  We have been at this school for a year now (we started half way through the year last year in a two year old classroom) and we continue to love it.
We have a handful of kids from our class last year that are in our class now which is fun.  Scott has kept his old friends and made many new ones.  It is so fun to watch him learn to play with others and be a friend.  I work once a week in his classroom and basically don't see him the entire time I'm there.  Its fun to be a fly on the wall, so to speak, and witness his day as a bystander.  He has a couple friends who are boys who he plays superheroes with occasionally, but lately he is all about the GIRLS.  He knows two of them from class last year but he has slowly gotten to know a bunch more and there is nothing you can do to entice him away.  He convinces them to play super heroes, they convince him to play wedding.  And it goes like this, back and forth and probably throwing in a few more games along the way, all day.
Scott brings toys that he wants to show/share with particular girls ("Mom I want to bring wolverine to share with Riwee (Riley), she'll like it a lot.")  And they "dress up" for him (Riley's mom told me she said, "Mom I want to wear this bow in my hair today because I think Scott will like it.")  The other day we had plan for Scott to go to Delilah's house for a play date after school (plans which were foiled by a monkey bar incident, story to come) and she told her mom: "I hope Scott comes over as Batman today, he's so cute when he's batman."  I mean you can't make this stuff up, so stinkin' cute these kids.
I love that Scott enjoys and plays well with both girls and boys and that he seems to find balance at school when he plays everyday.  I think some of it is that he LOVES all the attention from all the girls.  Lets face it boys don't swoon right?  HAHA.
Which leads me to Tuesday.  I was working at school that day and staying to work at picnic pals.  It was the last 10-15 minutes of the day and all the kids were playing on the monkey bars.  I was nearby watching and, I kid you not, thinking to myself:  how do more kids not fall off these things on their heads….BAM! Thought interrupted by Scott falling on his head.  The teacher ran for ice.  We comforted and checked and iced and checked and finally we were convinced he was ok and ready to roll.  So I started getting our stuff together to leave (because now school had been over for at least 10 minutes) when all of a sudden another THUD.  And everyone's running.  And its Scott again.  Falling off the play structure…on his head.  Well that's when I lost my sanity and freaked out.  I was upset, he was upset so that's when we decided to just call our pediatrician.  Here is where I should point out that my phone had been dead all day…super unhelpful.  Luckily Scott's teacher takes her kids to the same ped so she already had the number and was on the phone.  Then she called my mom from her phone (which was a sinch bc I had borrowed her phone earlier to check in on Owen, since you know, I couldn't be reached by cell phone….annoying).  Ms. Sandy got everything taken care of and organized while Delilah's mom drove us to the per.  By the time we got there I was quite sure he was fine, but you can't put a price tag on peace of mind.  We were sent home with a clean bill of health and we all felt better for it.  I came home to emails from Ms. Sandy checking in on us and other parents who had heard or were there.  I know I have said it before but I love our little preschool community.  It continues to surpass expectations of what we ever expected to find when we signed Scott up.  So the point is: he is fine.  But man we sure had a major adrenal rush that afternoon.  And just to add to his girlfriend saga, two girls that were there when he fell were sent to the classroom to bring tissues out.  They went and were gone a little longer than they should have been…the teacher was just about to go check on them when they came out with stethoscopes and doctor kits.  They said the wanted to make sure Scott was ok and his heart was still beating.  ADORABLE.  These two had, only a few minutes earlier had been fighting over who was married to Scott, overcame their differences to check on their friend!  I love preschool friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers