Monday, February 24, 2014

Valentine's Day

Another Valentine's day has come and gone without a big to do in the Campbell house.  I guess its just not our holiday.   Mimi surprised us with some gluten free cupcakes one afternoon so that was a big treat!  And Scott had a valentine's party at school which he could have cared less about and for which I was making his homemade valentine's (because despite my having the supplies a week a head of time and asking him to do it regularly he just couldn't get into it.  understandable.) that morning.  In bed.  With a sick kiddo with me.  And incase you have a fantastic, pinterest worthy homemade valentine in your head...no.  Pipe cleaners, heart stickers and popsicle sticks ya'll.

There was no valentine's breakfast or any other fanciness - and everyone was ok with that.  Valentine's afternoon was beautiful and we spent it in the back yard making mud pies.  Perfect if you ask me.

That weekend my girl friend Andy and I had our own little "gal"entines day.  We went to a free Sunday morning yoga class across the street (which I plan on making a regular thing.  I need more yoga in my life.) followed by lunch and then a mama grocery store trip without kids.  Of course the only evidence I have of the day is our insanely packed cart with all of our stuff:
I really don't know why we didn't just take two carts.

Valentine's evening Brian and the boys surprised me with the most wonderful card and the cat and the hat book "inside your outsides" (about the human body).  A children's book about anatomy....they know me so well!!!!

Happy valentine's to all!

1 comment:

  1. Love that Cat and the Hat book gift! The small and super meaningful goodies are the most special. Also, your cart picture has Driscoll berries in it. One of my very good friends down here is a Driscoll, well her maiden name was, but she is in the lineage of Driscoll berries! I get kinda excited thinking about it, and I really want to go berry picking at the farm. Too bad its all the way up north :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers