Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Last weekend of summer...

Last week we decided we needed to head out for one last hurrah before summer was officially over (well I know its technically still summer, but before school started).  So we headed to our favorite beach camping spot for the weekend.  Brian took a half day on Friday while I spent the morning throwing stuff together and putting food in the RV.  We were down to the beach by 2:30, only to find no spots available.  We knew we were risking it going on a Friday, but we were still feeling a little bummed.  We spent a couple of hours in the day parking while I drove up to check for spots every once in a while.  And on my second trip up we were in luck, I snagged a spot and frantically called Brian to get his booty in gear and get up there (he was less than 10 minutes behind me, but you aren't allowed to save spots with cars so time was of the essence).  We were unloaded and ready to start the weekend before 5.

The boys, in their happy place.

View from the RV on night one.

Evening beach stroll at high tide.

These two have my heart.

Prints of my people and my pet. 

Night one sunset cuddles:


Owen is a cuddler and you can find him as close to Scott as possible in the mornings.  So cute.  Scott tolerates it.

Early morning view from my piece of paradise:

Breakfast, coffee and a beach run....then it was time to hit the waves:




We had many visitors starting with Grandma, then Uncle John and Aunt Chris joined us.  Uncle John was a trooper and played in the waves with the boys for hours.



We even busted out the kite:

Finally Ryker and co. joined us.  I didn't tell Scott until they were on the road heading up because with little ones you never know when something might come up and it doesn't end up happening (a lesson I have learned over and over).  When I did finally tell him he was over the moon.  And bonus: they were going to spend the night with us in the trailer.
"Ryker is coming?!  And having a sleep over? Here? In the trailer?  Is this real?" - LOL


the 4 dudes watching the sunset (likely they didn't care about the sunset at all, we told them after the sun went down we would start a fire and make smores....so they were just counting down)


Smores are serious business for O

We actually got much more sleep than I was expecting, but we were up SUPER early and were on the beach before 8.

 Nothing like a little boogie boarding with your best bud to send summer out in style.

And now that school has started (post coming soon) I have officially said goodbye to summer and embraced all things PUMPKIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers