Saturday, July 18, 2015

Leo Carrillo weekend

We were back at it camping last weekend, this time with a group of friends we have known fro 10 plus years.  We camped with them two years ago and didn't make it out last year, its crazy how different is camping with and 18 month old compared to a three and a half year old.

 Shout out to Mimi for the awesome RV socks...
 We hit the road  mid day on Friday (its basically down the street from us so its not like we were hitting the road on a road trip).  We could have gone over the canyon but instead we had made plans to see a guy about a paddle board in camarillo.  Ever since we rented them back in April for my birthday I have been hooked. 

A big special thank you to Grandpa Don and Gerri for giving me my very own board for my birthday!!!  We had so much fun going to pick it out and even more fun taking it out on its maiden voyage at Leo, despite the gigantic surf.


After the board purchase we made it to the campsite, set up and of course immediately hit the beach.

Dads hanging out.  I have so many memories of these guys being the ones in the waves over the last decade (not to say they don't go in anymore, of course they do) and its so fun to watch them all be parents together now.  They are a great bunch who have so much to offer our kiddos and we are lucky to call them all friends!

No place they'd rather be.

That night we roasted marshmallows and played with glow sticks.

For the record you CAN buy allergy free marshmallows (no gluten, dairy, corn, soy - found in most marshmallows).....for about 8$ a bag.  But worth it a couple times a year so this little dude can get down with some smores.


Then we crashed.  Hard.  And when Brian and I came in for bed with saw this:
 Next day we were at the beach bright and early (although Scott was ready to be down there an hour or so before we actually were).  Leo is fun and a great campground but its pretty rough to have to haul all your stuff down to the beach for the day and the beach is pretty rocky...and basically I'm spoiled to Rincon and nothing else lives up.  We still had fun though.

It was also time to take the board out.  The surf was CRAZY big last weekend (you can't tell in this picture) and basically every surfer in southern california was out.  We were a little further down the beach and luckily I had some seasoned surfers there to help me time the sets and make it out.  I went out a couple of times, hung with some dolphins and basically fell in love with paddle boarding!  I'm itching to get back out!!

 Family photo...no smiles from he boys, but we tried.

Back at the campsite the exhausted, sun bake kids rallied for a few more hours of playing, dinner and another round of smores. 

Wine by the fire with this guy.  Absolute favorite thing in the world!!!

Only picture I got of maybe half the group?  New goal: take more group pictures!

Scott hopped on Brian's lap and said "Mom, will you take our picture?" (heart melt).  I said, "Scott, do you best smile."  

And this is what I got.
Its seriously my favorite picture ever. LOL!!!

Can't believe we are halfway through summer.

And see, I told you this was a camping blog. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers