Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer update


Brian just got home from a looming week in Canada.  Although I would have loved to, the boys and I weren't able to go with him.  Instead we held down the fort here, went to camp, went to the pool, went to a kindergarten play date in the park, we missed daddy but we had a pretty good week.  Friday night I got a sitter so I could go out with some ladies from my gym to celebrate our lovely friend and teacher, Jenn.  It was her 40th birthday last week and we had been planning our little surprise for months.  It went off without a hitch and she was definitely surprised.  I am lucky to know such wonderful, strong and inspiring women that I get to see regularly.
Happy birthday Jenn!  I am lucky to call you a friend!

Saturday morning the boys and I headed to the OC for Erin's bridal shower.  The Johnson family happens to live right around the corner from the shower location so the boys were able to go play with the Riley and Parker for the afternoon, such a treat! They can't wait to go back.  Erin's shower was so pretty and fun and two weeks from that day she will be saying 'I do'.  

Sunday we waited and waited for daddy to get home, we went to the gym and the farmers market and the grocery store and finally killed sometime at Petco.  The boys had just seen the movie Stuart Little and decided they really really want a pet mouse.  Not gonna happen.  We did end up with two more fish for our fish tank though.


Monday Scott had a dentist appointment.  I haven't been crazy about the boys dentist but I have tolerated them.  Well...no longer.  After being harassed yet again about unnecessary x-rays and fluoride and then having the hygienist ruin kindergarten for Scott (not really but she insisted he had to have his teeth checked to make sure he had enough to go to kindergarten, which by the way we have already had our little dental check form signed and more importantly how many teeth you have is irrelevant which I told her and him) then at the end of the appointment they told me they didn't take our insurance and didn't I get a call...well no I hadn't so I paid and then she had the nerve to ask if I wanted to schedule a six month follow up.  No.  Fired.

Also, for the record, I always see people's pictures of their kids doing awesome at the dentist, sitting alone, sunglasses on etc.  If you don't have that kid I'm here to tell you that neither do I.  Scott hated every minute, refused to have the light on his face (he's pretty light sensitive) wouldn't open his mouth, didn't want his teeth brushed, sat on my lap, etc.  Better luck next time (next dentist, we won't be back.)

Yesterday at summer camp Owen picked me a flower that I got to wear all day.  Sweetest.  He once told me that picking flowers is his favorite thing to do.


Last night daddy surprised us with a new inflatable pool.  So we surprised him with water guns.

Commence epic water gun battle.

Totally awesome.



 Brian grabbed the go pro about half way through and got a few fun shots of the boys.






We were all freezing by the end so we took showers before dinner and ate early.  Since we were already in our jams we decided to forego our usually evening bike ride for a trip to the book store.  We were just in time for story time and we even left with some new books.  It was a pretty special evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers