Tuesday, September 1, 2015

On to Kindergarten

One week ago today was Scott's first day of Kindergarten!!! (How??!?!?!?!)  A day we have been anticipating all summer, actually longer.  He has been beyond excited for this day since at least February.  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and for him to get the jitters and not want to go, but that never happened.  In fact the first morning of school when I woke him up he said, "thank you for waking me up mom."  If you know him than you know why I wondered who this was and what he had done with my child.  We didn't spend a whole lot of time this summer prepping our bodies for early wake up and early bed time.  We mostly stuck to our schedule over the summer but I didn't want to worry too much about it the last few weeks.  Every day he has jumped out of bed, ready to get to school.  

We were up dressed, fed and pictures taken with plenty of time to spare.




Next stop, preschool.  Our lovely, favorite teacher/human/woman/friend Ms. Sandy offered to take ALL the littles so we could all focus on our big kindergarteners.  So we all met at the preschool to drop off the siblings for a special play date at school with Ms. Sandy.  Can you imagine the whole preschool just to the five of them?!?!!  They had a blast and Ms. Sandy is our hero!
Me and Kelsey doing the happy dance...next stop kindergarten!

Scott and his pal Parker walking to school.  They are in different classes this year (on purpose!) but still see each other daily on the play ground!!

Pic with my guy before the doors opened.  (And his plant for the first day!)

Scott and his proud daddy! <3 p="">

We tried to get a picture of all the team class kids (there were a few stragglers and a couple refusers so this isn't everyone)

Then we headed into class.  There were a bunch of free play stations set up and Scott and his buddies wasted no time in finding the lego station.  I could have left after 90 seconds, Scott could not have cared less that Brian and I were there, but we stayed a little while just to see how the day was going and visit with our friends!

Then I got this picture texted to me.  These 4 (plus Eamon who was using the potty) are gonna rule the school next year. 

After I left kindergarten I headed back to the preschool to caravan the littles over to a friends house for mimosas on the first day. Thanks Patti!!!!

The littles played and we drank coffee and mimosas and laughed and cried about the fact that our babies our in kindergarten.

Owen and Jude (Owen calls him Jude-y) 

Secrets with Kenz


Cracking me up.  No idea what they were talking about, but just documenting their conversation in pictures was about the cutest thing ever.

I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the group of us mamas on that morning.  I know I have said before but we have the most amazing village and this day was made all the more special because of each one of them.  You guys, even the kids team teachers from the last two years came over to brunch with us kindergarten morning (not to mention Sandy who watched our siblings before that).   I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in most schools.  We are so lucky to have each other and to have those wonderful teachers/mentors/mama heroes in our lives!

Pick up at school was great (minus a few tears from the kiddos who had held it together all day, not Scott this time but some friends).  A couple hours later we all met back up for an afternoon fro-yo celebration.


That evening, Brian surprised me with a fancy bottle of tequila to celebrate "my" first day of kindergarten.  Some women would like flowers or candy.....but I'm more of a tequila girl, he sure knows the way to my heart. HAHA!

Later that night I played around with pictures from that day and couldn't resist creating this:


By Thursday we were already carpooling.

These two.  Friends since before birth.  Now walking to ELEMENTARY SCHOOL together.   The time truly flies.

Overall it was a magical first day and amazing first week.  My first work day in the classroom was Thursday (our school requires one full work day per week in kindergarten and I'm so happy to have the opportunity to be involved).  Kindergarten is no joke.  I'm used to working in the classroom, coming from a co-op style preschool, but it was non stop for four hours.  Those teachers are saints and deserve to get paid 6 figures for sure!  And they deserve lots and lots of wine!!! 

We are off to a great start and are hoping for a wonderful school year!!  Now for Owen to start, he still has another week and he asks everyday if we're going to school now!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about the entire day! What a special and memorable first day of kindergarten, for all involved. Question: are there openings in your village?! I wanna become a member! How blessed you are : ) Go, SPC!

    ReplyDelete

Followers