Monday, April 10, 2017

Casitas fising trip


Owen's birthday weekend we headed to Lake Casitas with the Daniels family for camping, fishing and celebrating.

For the birthdays, boy boys got head phones and iPod shuffles (old school! I got hand me downs from my girlfriends who's teenagers had graduated to phones and didn't use these anymore! Total score!) so this might have been the quietest road trip we have ever taken!



Setting up camp.  The big boys were super helpful, can't you tell ; )

And this was the huge field behind our sites.  It was perfect for exploring, bike riding, bocce ball, football, and nighttime flashlight skateboarding.



Heading out to fish on day one.

The boys also got fishing gear for their birthdays and thankfully Beau was there to teach all 3 of my guys all about fishing.  






My heart just melts for this stuff....



Childhood at its finest

I commented to Alexis that I had never understood fishing, but I kind of get it now.  Its boys yoga.  The kids were actually shushing us chatty moms to not scare away the fish.  It was quiet and peaceful and the boys were still - so zen!




Back at camp and snuggling with my 5 year old!

This giant 7 year old relaxing solo....

And now I just overload the pictures because I love looking back at these memories:





The boys loved fishing (Ryker was the only one who caught one! Better luck next time) and Casitas was an easy location, I expect we will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers