Sunday, June 27, 2010

Four months....



Holy cow! Scott turns 4 months old today! My how the time flys! Our little boy has SO much personality! He loves to watch people, especially kids. He laughs all the time now...at funny faces, at funny noises (like me snorting, side note: not all kids think snorting is funny, I have snorted at other babies and they look at me like I am a lunatic or they are scared), at being tickled (feet, belly, sides and arm pits), at having raspberries blown on his belly (I say "I'm....going....to....MUNCH....your...................BEELLLLLY, he starts cracking up before I even make it to his belly, I love that he now can anticipate this), and he laughs when he gets held up over people's heads.
Scott loves holding his feet! He reaches for everything in sight and when he gets it....well you've seen the pictures....it simply must be tasted! He especially wants to hold and taste anything big people are eating or drinking (this past Saturday night he desperately wanted to get his hands/mouth on some cold beer cans, he got to hold, but not taste). I have started letting him have tastes of grown up food, he sometimes makes funny faces but he likes getting the experience of licking bananas, apples, cucumbers, carrots, avocado etc. In one of my pediatric seminars I learned that if you let children started tasting early they won't be picky later and introducing foods will be easier because they have already experienced texture (right now he gets to lick but not actually eat anything).
Scott is really happy that he has a dog. He notices Charlie more and more these days. Charlie will lick Scott and he loves it (I'm just waiting, because I know its going to happen soon, for Scott to lick Charlie back....bleh!). When Charlie walks by Scott, Scott reaches for him, SO CUTE!
Scott is definitely a mama's boy lately, he has started having stranger anxiety and doesn't like to be held by others for too long a period (except daddy and a select few others). He always has to know where I am. I sometimes put him in the swing in our kitchen, he is fine if I'm in the kitchen with him, but if I round the corner to the laundry room or something: disaster strikes!
Scott goes for his 4 month well baby visit on Tuesday so I don't know his stats, but I know he is a healthy growing boy. He is getting so strong. When he is on his tummy he can push up fairly high, turn in circles and army crawl (especially if there is a toy in front of him that he is motivated to go after...is it wrong to tease your child to motivate him to move forward?). He is drooling like a maniac which is totally gross but I don't mind. I find myself wearing scarves and wraps so I have something to wipe the drool with, now that I think about it that is the truly gross part! We think he may be entering the teething process with the drooling, chewing on his hands and Friday he felt like he had a low grade fever, he was sweaty and even had a runny nose (clear though so no worries....and now you basically know everything about my kid! haha!). So I wouldn't be at all surprised if a tooth pops through in the next few weeks, we will see!
Scott is also so physical, he loves touching everything, especially other kids. At mommy group and on play dates Scott grabs all the other babies....hands, clothes faces, hair, whatever he can get at. I am already practicing for when I have to be the parent that says: "no, Scott, you can't touch the baby" "no honey don't touch his face" "gentle" etc.
But I love that we have a kiddo who is already trying to be on the go and into everything, that is how kids are supposed to be! I know he is going to take us for a wild ride and I'm thrilled!

Happy four months baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet the munch this weekend! He looks and seems SO sweet. I'm sure he'll love watching the "big kids". Can't believe Charlie is in the big kid category now.

    ReplyDelete

Followers