Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Sister: My Hero!!!

Recently Hilary was very sick and had to be hospitalized. Parker was only about three and half weeks old at the time and she had to be away from him for six nights (this included his 1 month birthday). It was absolutely horrible and, from everything I could tell, excruciatingly painful, but through it all she never cried or complained - she was only upset when she feared for Parker's well being and when one (idiot) doctor said she would have to stop breast feeding (not the case, hence: IDIOT doctor). Her soon-to-be-husband was such an amazing support for her and father to Parker through it all, I always knew I liked Matt but watching him in action solidified the fact that I'm excited to get to have him as my new brother! Welcome to the family 'bulldog' (Robin called a bulldog when we were talking about how supportive he would be during Hilary's L&D). Hilary is doing much better now, yesterday she came over with Parker and the boys played for a few hours (and the mom's shopped while the boys had a nap...YAY!). I love that we get to be mommies together - starting at basically the exact same time! My sis has turned into an amazing woman and mom - and for this (and other reasons) she is my hero!

Blowin' out the candles on her 24th b-day! Happy birthday sisteriffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers