Tuesday, August 17, 2010

While Daddy's away...

Over this past weekend Brian went to the lake with some family. Scott and I were invited but 3 days on the lake with a 5&1/2 month old, plus camping, plus a 4 hour drive each way, followed by another weekend of travel (seminar in San Francisco this weekend) and Hawaii soon after that, just did not sound like a good idea to me. Brian packed up and headed out Thursday so Scott and I planned ourselves a fun filled weekend to take our minds off of missing Daddy!

On Thursday we attempted to go to music class at the pump station but so many people showed up (it was a free, come see if you like it kind of class) that they had to reschedule us in smaller groups. So Hilary, Parker, Andy, Zoey, Scott and I went to lunch and then came back to my house for some quality girl and baby boy time! We had a great time chatting and playing with the babies, Zoey can definitely hold her own with the boys! And I'm pretty sure we all ate so many m&m's we weren't hungry for dinner!

Scott had a great time Friday morning playing with the baby in the mirror while I got ready for work!

He also had some quality time with Charlie!


Friday night Scott and I went to Target to pick up a few things I needed and I decided to spoil him by getting a few new toys! The bugs pictures below are the perfect replacement to the old Winnie the Pooh toys he has started sucking the paint off (these were my toys when I was a baby and I'm pretty sure they are not made with baby safe plastic or paint, at first I did not think it would be a problem but I think Scott sucks on them more than I did because half the paint is coming off, so they are getting retired). I also found a remote control with Sesame Street characters - such a hit, Scott loves our remote controls and has caused us to have to reboot our system a few times by playing with random buttons. I also found an awesome set of keys for him to play with. Again Scott's favorite toys are all things adult (keys, cameras, cell phones, etc.) and I'm not a germ-a-phobe but keys could be the dirtiest thing in the world and they are made with lead so they are a no go for Scott. And plastic keys - they don't fool anyone. What I found are metal keys (made from stainless steal) with a remote that makes noises - SCORE! He loves them and they are now a staple when we travel in the car.

On Saturday we went for our morning run, we tried going to the park but it was way too hot so we went to Barnes & Noble instead (we had to be outta the house for a showing) and looked at books and drank ice tea! Then Scott's Ta Ta Erin came for a visit. We went down to Hollywood for dinner at a cafe that I have been craving ever since I graduated chiropractic school (which was two years ago on the 15th....time FLIES!). Erin spent the night and we went to church on Sunday. Brian and I are trying to find a church to call home so I have a list of churches to try out. This was Scott's first time to church and he did pretty well. We sat in the "parent's room" which was nice because I didn't have to worry about shrieks of joy. Scott really liked the parts where we stood up and sang, but an hour of sitting and listening - yeah right! He crawled around and played with toys and even shared his toys with a little girl who was just fascinated with Scott. We definitely liked the church and will probably go back with Brian to see what he thinks! Sunday afternoon Grandma Karen and Grandpa Ken came in for a quick visit over lunch. It was a great fun filled day and then Daddy finally came home - it was so much fun to see the excitement on Scott's face when Brian came through the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers