Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In my bag...

My sweet friend Leah did this fun post and tagged me. Its all about what's in your bag. I have to say that one of my favorite pages in fashiony magazines (which I never read anymore!) are the pages that have spreads of must-haves, or fun put together outfits. If I was more computer savy or at my own house (I'm camping out with Scott at my parents for the week during our kitchen remodel, I'm not complaining its a sweet beach house they are renting in Ventura while they wait for their house to close, kitchen remodel pics coming soon) I would do a post with pictures of my disaster of a bag(s). So shout out to Leah who uses a diaper bag for everything...gone are the days of carrying a cute purse for me...some days when my kids are a little older (and I hopefully will be spilling less juice and lotion in it) I will treat myself to a new, grown up, fancy purse....but until then: diaper bags 24/7....and sadly yes, I'm the mom who uses a diaper bag as a purse even when I don't have Scott with me. Hence why most of my diaper bags are solid black or brown so they somewhat pass as a normal pass (I don't know who I'm actually kidding with that statement...at least some non-moms might now recognize that its not a diaper bag right away, but anyone who has ever owned or shopped for diaper bags can pick up on the fact that its wipeable with sippy pockets on the outside).
And as for what's inside: do I have to do just one? Because I'm currently rotating 3, and by rotating I don't mean unpacking and using a different one every few days, I mean I have 3 fully packed in my car/home/parent's house. And no I won't tell you everything in all of them...I still to my main bag that I {usually} bring into stores with me (with or without Scott).
- Diapers (don't get me wrong I have totally been caught without them, but it was only once and thankfully I was in a parking lot that had a target)
- wipes (ditto to above only its been more than once)
- sunscreen (shout out to Leah, us california girls can't be without)
- baseball hat for Scott (my little baldy needs extra protection on the dome)
- chapstick
- kleenex
- cars/mickey mouse/at least 2 "neigh neighs" : the numbers vary but there are ALWAYS multiple horses
- my camera
- my wallet and checkbook
- "neigh neigh" pen: its actually Scott's pen with a crazy bug-eyed horse on top
- small blank notebook, for my lists (I'm not tech savy enough to like lists on my phone)
- business cards (my own and a few hand fulls of other peoples)
- current Pathways magazine - meant to be dropped off to my yoga teacher but since I haven't been in a week I have been toting it around in my bag
- socks for Scott and for me: you never know when you'll end up at a play place where you need (or want) to be wearing clean socks
- sweatshirt for Scott: not always in there but nowadays you never know if its warm or cold
- sunglasses
- "NACKS" right now a gluten free cereal bar for Scott
- A sippy of water and an unopened juice box
- and of course all the receipts, gum wrappers nd random trash that ends up at the bottom - which I may or may not clean out once a week

So now you know...and I bet you are so jealous of my glamorous bag ; ) And I would love to know whats in your bag: Amanda K. and Rachel K. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers