Thursday, August 30, 2012

The chocolate milk incident

 Life is not all sunshine roses with a two year old.  Ok well it is actually, but we have our challenging moments.  Last week we had Scott was using a big boy cup (no lid) and straw to drink his chocolate (almond) milk.  He asked to take it in his kitchen (which is in the playroom) and I said no, that he needed to have the cup only in the kitchen.  Infuriating to a two year old.  So he went to the door between the kitchen and playroom and chucked the whole cup in...no lid.  You have to look pretty closely in these pictures because its brown liquid on dark brown floors but let me just say it was EVERYWHERE.  Windows.  Walls. Baseboards. Furniture.  So I set about mopping it up while Scott had the longest time out of his life.  Side note: we don't usually do "time outs" we call them "breaks", so that he can take a break from what was causing the problem and return to it, basically same as time out but I feel like it was a little less of a negative connotation.  This time is was straight up TIME OUT. I told him he had to sit there the whole time it took me to clean up.
So fine we cleaned it up, no harm done.  We talked about what happened and hopefully learned something from the experience.  The worst part was about half an hour later Scott made up a song about it....."time out, time out because I threw the chocolate milk".  I kind of felt mocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers