Saturday, August 11, 2012

Toddler grub

 So one might say I have a picky eater on my hands.  I can't complain too much because he does like fish and broccoli, but mostly he loves carbs and not good, fruit carbs, processed breads, cracker, cereal...crap.  So I have been trying the whole "toddler buffet" style lunches lately (yay pinterest).  I used baby food containers instead of ice cube trays because I have lids for these and Scott rarely finishes a meal so I can cover it and bring it out for snack time.  Its really no different than how he usually eats (a little bit of anything I think might appeal that day and hope for the best) but the goal of the tray was for him to think its "cool".  Today's lunch consisted of chicken, grapes, bananas, green peppers, goat cheese, pretzels and raisins (which I know is the same thing as grapes but we were low on choices).  I limited lunch to one processed carb...and it was the first to go.

And as you can see Scott does not think this lunch service is "cool", I'm pretty sure that's a "you're lame mom" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers