Saturday, October 12, 2013

An anniversary

I'm only a week late in posting a happy 5th anniversary to us.  I'd say its a big one.  5 years - feels like yesterday, and it feels like much longer at the same time.  We celebrated in our normal fashion: staying in, take out, early bed times for the boys...you know, the good stuff.

I love busting out the wedding album and reminiscing about our wedding day each year on our anniversary.  The best memories were made that day.

Happy 5 years to the man of my dreams, my best friend, an incredible husband and father!!



When I think back on our wedding day these folks always come to mind!  We don't see you often enough but you are always in our thoughts.  You all helped make our day extra special.  Standing with someone on their wedding day is awesome (I know, I've gotten to do it), but in some ways its the support and the standing by us in the years that follow are even more meaningful.  Thanks to this bunch (and many others not pictured) for being part of our lives and the lives our kids.  You bless us deeply!


"Someone Like You."  - Van Morrison.  This song frequently pops up on our ipod playlist (we are big Van Morrison fans!!).  I love impromptu dance sessions to our wedding song, in the kitchen, hair in a pony tail, no makeup, usually yoga pants for me....that's marriage!!!  And I love that Scott recognizes our song and tells me "this is the song that daddy made you into a princess."

10 years together, 5 years of marriage, 2 beautiful boys and a life time more memories to be made.  I would say we are richly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers