Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

I'm sure I've said before, but incase I haven't: I love our preschool.  Besides just loving our class and how it structured and our campus and all its resources and our teachers and the community we have found there, we also go on rad field trips.  Last week we went to see a community theater put on Aladdin.  The boys had a blast.  Owen too (which I was a little shocked about since the show was over an hour).  Mimi and Parker J. joined us and the boys sat completely enthralled for the whole thing.  I never blogged about it because there were no pictures allowed, but it was fun and memorable!
Today was our pumpkin patch field trip, our first ever school field trip to a pumpkin patch, not just us going randomly.  I'm so thankful Owen is welcome on field trips because it just wouldn't be the same with him, Scott very much agrees (Scott wants Owen to be in his class at school, heart.melt.)

We arrived on time-ish, which only took a few acts of God, but it was already cookin' out (70 degrees at 9:30, enough already, I need some fall in my life).  And after getting our entrance stickers we started the morning with a tractor ride around the farm.  It took some convincing to get Scott on board but luckily there was room on the tractor Miss Jill was riding.  Miss Jill is Scott's favorite teacher and its really sweet!

As far as pictures go, well as you will see I didn't capture that perfect fall memory moment.  It was hot. The boys were on and off crabby.  I had a diaper bag, lunch bag, camera, two hands to hold, and after the tractor ride three pumpkins to carry.  Not so much with the pictures for me today.  I did manage to snap a few but I got what I got which usually meant no eye contact, no smile and or stink face.  Happy Fall : /   But fun memories were made non the less and I tried not to let getting great pictures be the priority.

Owen ready for the tractor ride.  I can't get over how big this kid is looking these days.

Scott and mommy waiting for the tractor:

 Picking out our pumpkins:

I tried for a great picture of my guys in the pumpkin patch, this was the best I got:

This one is sweet though, maybe my favorite of the day, helping each other pick their pumpkins, lots to discuss between these brothers.

Miss Jennifer, another of Scott's teachers came by with a wheel barrow and Scott offered to help push it.  It probably made her job 10 times harder but she let Scott help her clear across the farm.  Preschool teachers are THE BEST!

We got our second wind after our second snack and then we were ready to play on the train and explore the rest of the farm.

That would be Scott high atop the train engine.  He was playing a blasting game with a little boy and they were running and jumping all over this thing. Safety first of course : /


This was really the only expression Scott would give me the entire day:

Duck pond

Tunnels to explore

Brother love:

Scott and his friends taking turns on the tractor.  At this point we were all trying desperately to get out of there but these three pals didn't make it easy on us.

Luckily we had to walk through the farm store on the way out and they had popsicles for sale.  GENIUS.  They were only a dollar but at that point I probably would have paid 10 bucks a pop.  Best two dollars I've ever spent.  Ever.  It got my kids motivated to get in the car and cooled down.  Everyone was so happy!  Popsicles to the rescue.



Owen's stick fell out half way through but that didn't stop him:

Although we left exhausted, I'm thankful for a great trip to the pumpkin patch this year.  All I know is it better cool off by the time we carve these bad boys.  I don't know about you but I feel a little gipped that we pick out our pumpkins in t-shirts, shorts and flip flops followed by a popsicle instead of jeans, flannel, boots and vests followed by hot chocolate.  But I guess the beach makes up for it ; )  Either way:  Happy Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers