Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Niece



We have known for a few months, you may have too, but here is the big reveal of sorts (didn't really go as planned.)


I found out a few days before when Parker John called to tell me there was a baby in his mommy's tummy.  I din't know whether to believe him or not so I screamed at my sister to get back on the phone and fill me in. 

A few days later Hilary had planned to let Parker John tell Mimi and Papa.  We did it on a Tuesday morning when we all meet at her house to exchange kids for the day (I'm not even going to go into that, trading cars, kids, dropping off at school).  She and I thought how fun it would be to have Parker John tell Scott in front of them.   So he did just that, meanwhile Mimi ended up in a full blown conversation with Matt and didn't even hear it.  The best laid plans.

I captured this video though and it was pretty darn cute.  Scott kind of didn't care, but I like when Parker says they are going to name the baby Teagan (they are not by the way, they have a family friend who just named their daughter that though, thats why he said it) Scott says, "That's a funny name."   Ashley (Teagan's mom) I do not think Teagan is a funny name for the record.
My ultimate favorite is Parker John explaining that you can't squeeze it.  And that its coming soon on his birthday (March 22) not so much bud since she is due in September.  But he did get a new baby cousin, Levi John, on his birthday....maybe he knew?!!?!


So in the weeks since, we learned the gender. Drum roll please (not really necessary due to the title of this post).....IT'S A GIRL!!!! 

We can't believe it and are so excited to have a girl in the family!

Parker John originally wanted a brother, then a sister, then a brother (at least when I asked him).  I guess when he first found out (by being given a pink lollipop) he didn't care either way (probably because he had a lollipop), but was then told "You are getting a sister, that means its a girl." to which he responded, "Nooooooo".  But he's come around.

When I told Scott it was a girl he also didn't care that much, and when I explained that that meant he was going to have a girl cousin he said, "but cousins are boys."   I guess up until now they have been!

Here's to ribbons, bows and glitter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers