Sunday, May 11, 2014

School Campout

We kicked off this mother's day weekend with one of the most fun school functions of the year:  our school campout.  It was our first time attending (last year I was at a seminar) and let me tell you we will not miss it in the future.  Already looking forward to next year.

Around 2:00 the campus is opened up to start staking a claim to a spot and setting up your tent.  Owen was sleeping so we waited to head over at around 3:30.  Tents and RVs lined the field on the side of the school parking lot and more and more friends were arriving by the minute.  To say Scott was pumped is an understatement, he was literally shaking with excitement as we were getting set up.

S & O helping scout out a spot:

Waiting for friends...

Tried to capture the whole set up, didn't do it justice

This is me standing on the car, I had the wrong lens on the camera so I couldn't get the whole field.  

Zoomed in on the Campbells + Richards having some dinner


 Nothing like some campout food.  They made it so easy and had a local restaurant bring in pizza, pasta and salad, they even had GF choices so we were set.

We met up with many of our school friends on the playground.  Nothing bring kids together like a bag of pirate's booty.  



There were tractor rides...

and the river was running...

And this guy couldn't wait to get wet...



 Free face painting meant we had two Spider-Men running around





Of course this was the best picture we could get of these two:

There was an astronomy presentation in the multi purpose room, but we bailed early, didn't really capture 2 and 4 year old attention at almost 8 in the evening.

When it was finally dark enough for glow sticks the party really got started.

Owen hit the hay around 8:30 and Scott stayed up until after 10.  He was running the field with his friends and I didn't have the heart to make him be the first one to come it.  The other moms and I decided it would have to be a group effort and we managed to get them to all come in together.
 After Scott crashed I snuck back out for some to hang with some mamas.  We talked and laughed and maybe had a little wine.  I know I have said it before but I love our school.  These women are my village.  It was the best "girls night out", I wasn't in bed until almost one.

The next morning the boys slept in until 6:30, which I thought was a miracle considering the sun had been up for a while and it was already getting loud out.

I may have been hurting slightly from my late night, but it was nothing a little coffee and a good tooth brushing couldn't fix.  We had breakfast with our teachers and play on the play ground for most of the morning before coming home around 10.
  From far away Scott's left over forehead spider looked a little like bullet hole.  It kept freaking me out.

We unloaded the car and took a family nap that afternoon!  It was pretty amazing!
Scott has been talking about it non stop, and to be honest I have too.  It was really that fun!  Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers