Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall at the beach

I love fall.  Unfortunately, it hasn't felt much like fall around these parts.  We attempted to go to the beach for our anniversary, but didn't get a spot, probably due to our unseasonably warm weather (stupidly, annoyingly, hot and humid weather).    So we headed up mid week to try again and hit it perfectly.  We spent the first night at Hobson and moved up the next day to a spot at Rincon.  It was the perfect way to spend what was hopefully one of the last warm weekends of the year (please, God!).  

The mornings were overcast and foggy, however that didn't stop the boys from getting in the ocean immediately after breakfast.


Ocean life:








Nature's legos:


And beach art:

Obligatory family selfie


During high tide we had some inside time but we did get to watch a huge pod of dolphins from the rocks, it was pretty amazing.

My happy place.  I never want to leave when I'm there.


Evening number three at dinner Owen was looking pretty wiped.  He was just finishing up when he put his head down and fell asleep still chewing his food.  Don't worry we made sure he didn't choke.  He was asleep around 5:45...for the night!

Daddy offered to stay with the sleeping babe while Scott and I took and evening walk.  We did a little rock collecting and Scott really got into it.  I'm a big rock collector, I think I get it from Mimi ; ), I love perfectly round and perfectly flat ones, I can't help but pick them up, and it looks like Scott shares our excitement in the quest to find the perfect rock.

Really into it.  I finally had to make a pouch from my shirt to carry our loot.

Sunset before we went up for the night.

When I checked on the boys that night I found this:
Precious.

Already looking forward to our next beach weekend!!!
Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers