Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Camping

Last weekend we headed out to Rincon for a spontaneous camping night.  I have to be honest, when Brian first suggested it I was not into it.  The RV was already in the driveway because he had been working on the lights, but I was in no way prepared with foods or clothing to head out.  When we found out there were spots available the boys were gung-ho, but I was being negative nancy.  Brian said to just grab what was in the fridge and stop at the store on the way up, so we did.  All I was thinking about was how much had to be done before hosting Christmas this week.

By the time we got to the beach around 2:30 I was still sort of grumbling at the whole idea, and then, about 15 minutes later, I realized this little beach trip was exactly what I needed. 

We arrived to cold temperatures and gorgeous low tide.
And wildlife...


And then, you guys, the most amazing sunset I have ever seen.  Ever.  These pictures do not do it justice.  We watched the sky for a full hour.  Brian even captured it on his Go-Pro (thanks Grandpa for the new toy, he loves it!!).

Sunset overload? Maybe, but it was incredible.

I was so thankful for a spontaneous and enthusiastic husband who made this night happen for us!


We woke up the next morning to extreme high tide, we are talking no beach, and waves spraying the top of the rocks.  

The boys were entertained by it for a little bit, but before long they were annoyed we couldn't go down to the beach.

We ate yummy breakfast outside, a highlight for Owen, obviously. 

Watching the waves

We ended up in a great spot where there was at least some room to play while waited for the tide to go out.  Brian and I enjoyed our comfy chairs, good books, second cups of coffee and each other's company for the morning while we watched the boys dig in the sand and throw rocks into the ocean.


Family selfie, of course. All smiling??!?!!  Solid.

Rock jumping (with supervision).  Owen, incase you can't tell them apart ; )


Around 2 I had to leave to go to work, it was tough to leave this scene.  But I do love my job and since it was the only day I was working this week I figured I better show up.

Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be for our Christmas vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers