Thursday, August 13, 2015

My best friend's wedding....

The weekend has finally come (and gone).  We have been planning and celebrating all summer and last weekend was my childhood best friend's wedding to the love of her life.

Thursday night I went out to dinner with some old coworkers, and being my smart self I ordered an extra vedic latte to go to heat up in the morning.  (In case you're wondering it turmeric, ginger, vanilla and almond milk and Hugo's makes the best in the world).   So we hit the road early and I had a my treat in hand!

The wedding was just up the road from Grandma and Gpa's house.  Huge thank you to them for keeping not just our boys for the weekend, but also Parker John on Saturday during the wedding.  Scott had been excited all week that Parker was going to get to come see his Grandma and Gpa's house.  I heard they had so much fun and it was so nice to all be able to celebrate knowing the kids were in the best hands!

After we got the kids settled we headed up to SLO for the rehearsal and dinner.  Erin and I stayed at the Madonna Inn that night...in the Love Nest no less.  Total bucket list place to stay for me, and I had just found out that my friend had spend her wedding night in this exact suite...so you know I texted her this picture!

Our view.  I love the central coast!

Later that night down in the restaurant for drinks.  I wish pictures could do this place justice...its so pink and gaudy, in the best way.

Top of the love nest...

The bride and I got matching manis without even planning it...

So I basically didn't have my phone out at all on the wedding day.  I just wanted to be in the moment and not worry about grabbing my phone or catching a bunch of pictures.  I took a few and stole a few and someday I hope to get some from the photographer.

MOB getting ready!  Growing up I called her Aunt Mom, and let me tell you she hasn't changed a bit.  It was so fun spending this day with her.

All but one of the bridesmaids.  Kara, sister of the groom, has a new new baby so she spent most of the day with him.  And of course Cason, the cutest ring bearer!


Erin being walked down the aisle by her brother, Kevin.

And being given away.

My sweetest Eden Jeanne was in attendance and I got to hang with her all afternoon. 

My handsome wedding date.  Thanks for putting up with all the girlyness this weekend, Brian.  He drove us all over the place and stopped for more wine and waters and anything else we needed.  Probably not his idea of the best way to spend the evening, a bunch of silly, giggly bridesmaids to drive around, but he was an awesome sport and I was so happy to have him with me during the reception and the rest of the weekend!  I'm so lucky!

My tiny dance partner...

Time for toasts.  I love that Vanessa captured this picture of the bride and groom listening to their toasts.  

Uncle B and the cutest little guest:

The bride and groom!
So happy for Erin and Drew and so honored to stand next to them and celebrate their love this weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers