Tuesday, June 14, 2016

San Francisco weekend

At the end of May there was a seminar in San Francisco that I really wanted to take.  A one day about the neuroendocrine-immunology of environmental triggers.  If you know Owen you know this had his name written all over it.  They weren't going to offer it in my area for at least the rest of this year and fortunately I was able to convince Mimi we should make a girls weekend out of it.  

We headed up early Thursday and made it to Burlingame by mid afternoon.  Friday we headed into the city to walk and see the sights.  I know I've mentioned before, but I grew up having days in the city where we would just walk all over and explore.  This day did not disappoint, we started in the morning at a coffee shop and then found a chocolate shop that was just opening up, so lattes and homemade truffles for breakfast it was! 


We walked by all the usual places


And explored a few new neighborhoods.

And FINALLY got to go to the ferry building.  This wasn't around when I was growing up and I had yet to visit it, although I have been watching it on the food network for years.  I already knew the vendors I wanted to visit inside.  

Bocalone was fascinating, but I'm not much of a meat girl (especially the processed kind) so we didn't eat there, just admired.  We settled on splitting an empanada at Mariposa bakery.  Everything they make is gluten free and PHENOMENAL!  I wish I could have bought one of each, especially so I bring some home to the boys.

We also found this amazing mushroom and truffle shop:

I could have probably spent the whole day in this building!

We spent most of the afternoon in art galleries.  My favorite was the one dedicated to the art of Dr. Seuss - I fell in love with a piece depicting McElligot's Pool...I even know exactly where I would hang it in our house.  Maybe next time.

That night we found the most amazing Thai restaurant for dinner.  So amazing that we went again Saturday night after the seminar.

The seminar on Saturday was so beneficial.  Mimi even got to sit in for some.  I'm still digesting all the material almost a month later.


It was a great weekend and we should probably make it an annual thing. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers