Monday, October 18, 2010

Breakfast at the Zoo, Daddy Day Care, Bloody Lip & a Night Out.....And that was just Saturday

Saturday morning we were up early to go to breakfast at the zoo (thanks for great tickets Brian's new department at farmers!). We got there at 8 and got to tour the zoo before it opened and have breakfast and coffee and listen to the zoo keepers give lectures about some of the exhibits.

After taking two pictures my camera battery started dying (much to my horror) but it lasted for a few pictures and then Scott ended up falling asleep so it was ok in the end. The first thing we saw was the children's zoo where there is a petting zoo (see donkey below) and they had baby komodo dragons (not for petting) that we got to see eat their meal of dead mice (appetizing?!). Scott really liked looking at the donkey because he got to get so close to it and he kept look at me like "Mom, he kind of looks like a big puppy Charlie."

Daddy & Scott in front of the stinky flamingos!
Next to the gorilla cage...gorillas are my favorite to watch so we stopped at the one a few times.

Watching the biggest male cruise around!
So BIG!

We had a blast at the zoo, after a little while we broke off from the group and walked around just the three of us. It was so great to have the whole place to ourselves. We went home and had lunch then packed up so that Brian and Scott could go play with Matt and Parker while Hilary and I headed over to my office for our first pathways club. It was a fun grown up time for us and Brian and Matt said the boys did great. Scott and Parker played and alternated naps while Brian and Matt had pizza (and probably some beer?) and watched football games (for Brian) and Nascar (for Matt)...how cute of them to teach each other about the sports each of them likes...all of our boys are so good at sharing : ) When Hilary and I got back from my office we had a few hours to hang out before Brian and I left for Newport for our friend Jen's 30th birthday party!!! During the time before we left Scott was walking around the coffee table and slipped and bumped his mouth on the edge. When he falls I scoop him up and tell him he is ok and I always say "no blood...no problem" so that had barely left my mouth when I see that this time there actually was blood....I was horrified! I almost made us cancel our night out because my baby had his first bloody lip and how could I possibly leave him. Good thing Scott could have cared less about it and only was interested in licking his own lips because they tasted like blood and that Brian is cool headed enough to not give him to my momentary mother psychosis and said we were still going. So we drove down and had a complete blast at the party! It was so great to visit with old friends and celebrate Jen's birthday!!! It was a great night out for Brian and me and we were relaxed knowing Scott was in good hands!! The report from Hilary and Matt was that Scott did great the whole time and only cried 2 minutes before we walked in the door at midnight because he had literally just woken up! It was such a fun and busy Saturday! Below is a picture from our night out of Brian with the birthday girl and all their high school friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers