Friday, June 21, 2013

Movie night

And not just any movie night.
Scott's first movie in the theatre.
And not just any movie in the theatre, but the WORLD premier of Monsters University.
Yowza!

 So on Monday night Brian met us at Scott's first swim lesson (I'll post on that soon) and they changed in the car (partially, I packed a clean polo for Scott but somehow he is wearing his dirty t-shirt from the day still, frown) and headed to The El Capitan Theatre for the big event.

They got to walk to red carpet amidst the movie's stars and other celebrities and participate in all the premiere night fun (namely: free food).

They had to pay a visit to the Farmer's Insurance race car for a photo op



And they stopped at the Lowe's booth to build a race car to bring home.  Scott also got to keep the hammer, which by the way is not a kids hammer, that thing is no joke, I found him playing with the next day and realized how legit it was, I promptly put that in the garage for daddy supervised work only.


This is one of my all time favorite pictures of Scott, ever.  He was just so stinkin' excited!!


One of the things Scott told me was that he got to see the people in Monster costumes (these aren't them) and that he wished he had a costume to wear too.  He just LOVES dress up!

When I asked him about the movie he told me, "A guy played music for me and for daddy.  He played for both of us."  This was the next day when Brian was at work so I had no clue what he was talking about (I thought maybe there was a band or something outside before hand).  Turns out Brian and Scott were some of the first to get to their seats and there was a pianist playing on stage before the movie started.  So funny the things that stick out in a kid's mind.

Almost ready to start

Thankful for a booster seat

Oh and it was in 3D, Brian was a little concerned with Scott keeping the glasses on, but it turned out fine and Scott had the time of his life!
I'm so glad these two got to have such a fun night out!  And here's hoping that next time we take Scott to a movie in the theatre he isn't disappointed that there is no goodie bags to take home and characters to greet him and a personal piano player.

1 comment:

Followers