Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Soccer practice

We are just packing our summer full of activities, up next: soccer practice.  Scott has been really looking forward to this.  So today we headed out early with a picnic lunch packed, we did our errands, worked out and stopped for a big ol iced tea (I can't tell you the last time I had a 32oz iced tea from coffee bean, before I was pregnant with Scott for sure, it reminds me of sitting in class with Kelly while we were in chiro school, most days we would get a giant one after lunch to get us through the rest of the day, awe memories).  After we ate our picnic lunch we played on the playground for about 45 minutes before soccer started.  Turns out Owen wasn't quite ready for the swings because he threw up his lunch (he literally just ate before he started on the swings, oops my bad) so we changed clothes and then it was time to start.

Start immediately made friends with a little boy named Clark which was a blessing because the two of them joined the circle a little late (about half of us were at the wrong field), Scott isn't crazy about being "late to the party" so to speak so to join the practice already in progress (even though it had only been about 4 minutes) was a bit intimidating.  Luckily he was able to jump right in with Clark by his side and he was all set to go.

They did some stretching and some drills...

Scott and Clark held hand a few times (I think they were both a little nervous) and I was so happy that they found each other.
(Clark in the orange visor and Scott in the black (batman) hat)

More stretching

I tried to watch the practice and take as many pictures as possible while chasing Owen around the baseball fields... Next time I hope Daddy can meet us on his lunch break and I can bring my good camera


The last 10 minutes or so the coach gave half the kids jerseys so they could play a "game".  LOL!

Scott's biggest fan/water boy

All the kids just swarmed the ball and they all seemed bewildered by the whole thing half the time, but they were having a blast.  Scott got into the front of the pack a few times and kicked the ball (I was curious to see if he would get in there or if he would mostly avoid the ball, I was an avoider as a kid)
Every ten minutes or so they would get a water break (it was pretty warm out) and Scott would come grab a quick sip and then say "Mom, I have to get back to practice."  So grown up.  He didn't want to leave when we were done and he's already looking forward to next week so I would say it was a successful day.
Now we are taking some major down time before we head back out for swimming.  Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute! I don't know why I'm always so shocked that more parent's don't put head covering of some sort on their kids. Good to see you and Clark's mom's are on the ball!

    ReplyDelete

Followers