Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mama's night out


The week we got done with school (I say we like its my school, but you know, in a lot of ways it is) was Red Hen week.  The parents come in either without kids or the kids play on the yard and other parent volunteers watch them, and we clean the heck out of our classroom.  I have heard people sort of dread it, but you know what, it was pretty fun.  First of all it was all my mama friends and no kids to interrupt our conversations....so I call it a win!  And you know what else, I love our school (duh! I can't shut up about it) and I was happy to invest in our classroom for next year!  So we Red Hen-ed it all week and decided a mama's night out was a great way to reward ourselves at the end of it.  
We ended up at Ladyface for dinner and drinks and lots of girl talk.
It was a blast!
And these women.  They are the best.  Some I know better than others, but I am so thankful for all of them.  They are all so intelligent.  Such good moms.  Have so much to offer and so much love to give.  They all make me better.
I am thankful we have already had summer play dates, and we get to see each other at preschool summer camp, and almost all of us will be in the same class next year (our sweet Tammy is leaving us because her son goes to kindergarden next year, and we are really screwed because she was the queen of teacher gifts and crafts, and also the best cook EVER, we have already solicited her to come back just to hang with us though).  
And I am especially thankful for a husband who said "go, have a great time, stay out late".  It was much needed and so much fun!  
Can't wait to do it again, ladies! Ya'll are THE BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers