Monday, June 16, 2014

Wedding weekend

You might remember that back in March we took an awesome little trip to Mexico with the wedding party of Brian's good friend Adam to kick of the celebration of their upcoming wedding.  Since then there have  bridal showers, bachelor parties, and lingerie showers and thing past weekend was THE BIG DAY!  
We were supposed to head down Thursday night for the rehearsal, dinner and a party, but unfortunately team Campbell was sicker than sick and decided to keep our germs at home.  We were bummed to miss the beginning of the celebrations for the weekend, but nobody wants a sick bride and groom.
We rallied on Friday and Brian made it to the boys golf outing.  I met up with them Friday night for dinner and drinks....and the Stanley Cup Finals, in which the Kings won it all.   Did I mention we were at the Ritz at downtown live?  So we were overlooking the Staples center.  I made it with about an hour to spare before they locked down the place incase people rioted (which they have been known to do, ya'll its a game, no need to set sh!t on fire).  It was pretty fun to look down on the commotion from the bar on the 20 something-th floor.


The next morning we had some breakfast together before everyone had to go start getting ready.  Brian and I even hit the pool for an hour or so.

While Brian was getting tuxed up and taking pictures I had the hotel room to myself.  I ran to starbucks for necessities and then proceeded to get ready slowly - if you have kids you know that getting ready alone and taking your time is basically like being at a spa.


 Then it was wedding time.  Good thing I left early because it took me 40 minutes to drive 4.5 miles.  LA.

I stole this picture from someone on instagram.  Basically I took zero pictures the whole weekend.  Hopefully we will get some professional ones some day and I can share those.  The bridal party was stunning and the ceremony was beautiful.

But nothing, NOTHING, compared to the beauty of the bride (and groom, but mostly bride, come on, Bonnie is insanely beautiful!).  These two are so much in love and just the most wonderful people and perfect couple.  We could not be happier for them!

The reception went late into the night and included a live band,  a signature cocktail that was tequila based (it might as well have said my name on it), tons of dancing, the perfect speeches by the maid of honor and the best man, which of course led to some tears, and the company of wonderful friends, many of which Brian has known for more than 20 years.

Me and Lucky


Brian and Jen:

Bonnie, me and Natalie (Bonnie's new sister in law)

 My wedding date:

Adam and Bonnie, from the bottom of our hearts we are so happy for you two and we wish you a lifetime of happiness, love and laughter.  We love you!


** Special thanks to Grandma who watched BOTH boys by herself friday and saturday nights so Brian and I could enjoy the weekend!  The boys had a blast and we had a worry free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers