Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Reptile Show

We found out about a free reptile show at the last minute on Monday.  Perfect.  We were in.  We met up with Cody and Nicole, fellow boy mamas, to see what it had to offer.

We were the first ones there.  Scott and Owen didn't waste anytime grabbing front row seats.  Without mama.  They were just fine on their own.  Heart break.

Scott didn't waste anytime striking up a conversation with the lady in charge while we waited.  She told the kids to think about which reptile they wanted to hold because everyone would get one turn.  Scott raised his hand to say snake.  And then he kept raising his hand to remind her.

The show started with a scorpion.  Then some frogs.  Then some lizards.  Then some turtles.  Snakes were last.  Scott was SO PATIENT.  And thank God that the lady remembered how much he wanted to hold a snake and called him up very first.



He marched right up on stage and was ready for some snake holding.

Scott was pretty excited about it all.


Owen did not want to be left out but was less excited to go up without me.  Big thank you to Cody for snapping all of these pictures while I held snakes.

I posted a lot of pictures, but I just love how Owen's face changes in amazement over how the snake felt.

He was tickled, literally and figuratively I'm sure.




I have a sinking feeling that I know some boys that might be asking for a pet snake in the future.  I don't mind them, but I don't really care for them as pets.  Holding off as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers