Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Carpinteria trip

Ya'll, I think we can officially call ourselves campers.  The weekend after Owen's birthday camping trip we headed out again, this time to Carpinteria with a group of friends from school. 

Most of the group went up thursday, but we waited til friday because of work and book fair obligations.

Packed the essentials of course:

When daddy got home from work we were ready to hit the road and made it to Carp by dinner.

Three other families were already there and right after dinner it was marshmallow time.  Owen's allergies have sort of thrown us for a loop these days (I should probably write about that soon, if only for my future self to look back on), but I have the best friends in the world who went out of their way to get allergy friendly marshmallows. 

The gang

Such a happy guy:

Scott and one of his best friends Aoibeanne.  I also think there is a chance that both of my boys have a HUGE crush on her.  Totally ok with that - she's one of the best and so is her family!

My girls.  Joanne didn't come up until saturday, but we honored her by posing with her tequila bottle that she made for me a few months back.  It comes everywhere ; )  
Love my woman tribe!

My guys roasting marshmallows. 

Saturday morning cuddles.  I'm the luckiest. 

We took it slow on Saturday morning and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, coffee refills and biking before we headed down to the beach.

Little bike gang.  Love them all!

Joanne and her family met us mid morning as well as two of our favorite teachers.  I mean who gets to go camping with their teachers?  These women are truly the greatest.
Miss Jennifer wasted no time and got straight to reading to the kids (like she doesn't do this enough during the week) how much does she love her job?! 

We spent the rest of the day on the beach.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I have no pictures, of course!  Some of the mamas went into town for some shopping, but this mama opted for a swim in the ocean. That's how nice it was.

Miss Sandy (another teacher) needed to go her car, so we sent her on the adult scooter.  Ha.  I'm sure she loved that I took pictures too! ; )

It was Emily's birthday weekend so of course we celebrated with props and noise makers. 


Love these people.

Sunday morning we packed up and headed out so we could make a stop at Parker John and Levi's birthday party.  Unfortunately allergies go the best of Owen so we didn't stay long.

To give you an idea this was Owen about 2 minutes after we got home:

It was a great weekend!  I can't wait for our next camping trip with our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers