Monday, March 30, 2015

Turning 3

Owen has officially been 3 for two weeks now.  We celebrated his birthday at the beach with a camping trip.  Our first in a few months.  We were definitely itching to get out and his birthday was the perfect excuse!

We camped at Emma Wood this time as our favorite spot, Rincon, was full.  It did not disappoint.  The beach is a little rockier making it harder to swim and boogie board but we still managed to have the perfect weekend.

Friday night sunset

A boy and his dog.  Charlie is getting old and the beach is getting tougher for him, but he still loves it and I love watching the boys getting to play with him here.

Obligatory family selfie.

Nothing prettier:

The boys watching the sunset.

The next morning we played while I made breakfast and we waited for the tide to recede just a bit.

We got a great spot at the beach where we spent the rest of the day.  Mimi and Papa, Auntie, Parker John and Eden came out to hang with us for the day as well.

This guy got down with some guac, clothing optional.

My girls:

Living with ALL BOYS makes me thankful for the girl time I get with my sister and niece.  Poor Eden is going to get so sick of me wanting to girly stuff with her.  Ha.

Exploring all day:

Last day as a two year old:


Sister/Wine time:

Waving to the train (several times a day but always a highlight)

More beach sunsets



Brian and the big boys.  Just love Scott and Parker's bond!

The morning we woke up with a three year old in the 'house'.  And is there anywhere better to wake up on your birthday than the beach??!!  I doubt it.  
We decided to move up to day parking after breakfast so we didn't have to vacate the beach at noon and also so some friends could meet us at the beach and park for free.  Parker, Jude and co. came out and spent the day at the beach with us.  They have truly become great friends, I feel so lucky to have met so many like minded families through our little school village. 
These four boys literally did not stop moving all day!  

Happy birthday to my baby!  I can't believe your "baby" years are over.  We just love the little person you are becoming and can't wait to see what three has in store.  More on Owen as a three year old later, I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers