Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life's a Garden....Dig It!

I do not have a green thumb. At all. More like brownish-blackish. But I've been wanting to grow my own veggies for a long time. And many friends of ours do it and say its so easy. E-A-S-Y people...you are speakin my language. So I've done some research and gotten some tips and we are diggin' in! We are all super excited!
Despite having my mom in town for a month and us talking about going to get supplies everyday, we never actually did it (amazing how busy you are when you don't even have that much to do). So Brian and I went yesterday and bought a few pots and some organic soil...then went back out today in search of plants. I'm very picky about where the plants are from and how they are grown so let's just put it this way: we made a lot of stops - thanks for being a good sport Brian. (His story may sound slightly different.)
All I could find for now was: bell peppers, jalapenos, butter lettuce, romaine lettuce and artichokes. I really want to do spinach and kale (because I spend a small fortune on these two leafy greens each week for my breakfast smoothie) but to my dismay no one has them, organic or otherwise. So....I bought seeds....yikes. My neighbor suggested sprouting them before planting....fingers crossed people!

So needless to say, Scott, Brian, Charlie and I had a blast planting our new plantlings this afternoon. Scott even had his own gardening tools to help out.

Not time to pick yet buddy....

Lettuce and peppers...just starting out.

Watering....not so much the plant but he was getting the idea....at least he was getting the grass...hey its green!

So The Campbell Family Garden is officially underway....we will keep you informed of our progress. If you think of it, remind me to water! And if all goes well we will bring over some yummy salads soonish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers