Sunday, January 8, 2012

Big Boy Bed

After much procrastination on my part we have now finally changed Scott's bed to a toddler bed. We probably could have done this much earlier, but I just didn't see the point since he was not climbing out of his crib yet. Scott moves around A LOT at night so I also hesitated because I knew he would roll out sooner than later. There was also the question of Scott getting out of his room unannounced which I know for some people isn't a problem, but Scott's room is on the complete other side of the house from ours, not to mention he would have to pass through the kitchen on his way to our room and that would be a huge distraction. He would probably forget about coming to get us and go right for a midnight snack!
But in the last few weeks many of Scott's friends have graduated from their cribs (lots of his friends are getting younger siblings soon too) and it made me think I would rather start this transition now than in say 2 months when his brother will be here/be here soon.
So we changed out the front of his crib to the toddler rail today, moved the monitor and the humidifier so he couldn't get down and mess around with those cords, and added a baby gate to his door so he can't come traipsing through the house at night!
Tonight's the night! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. He'll be great! Good call on the baby gate. I would have done the same thing if Charlie was able to open his door haha. You have to lift and and pull to open it, so he is kind of locked in there anyway - bad mom? Jury is still out :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers