Monday, January 9, 2012

"Nemo Elmo Campbell"

Ever since we found out this baby would be a little brother we have been asking Scott what his little brother's name should be. Firstly because we thought it was cute to hear his thoughts, secondly because we literally had no idea what we would name him and needed all the suggestions and help we could get, and thirdly because when asked as a 3.5 year old what I wanted to name my little sister I was dead set on "little Arabella Miller" (you know, the one who had a fuzzy caterpillar). So from the start Scott said "baby", because come on what other choice do you have but to call the baby "baby". Other favorite choices were "neigh neigh" and "baby neigh neigh" (for a while there I was pretty nervous that Scott was going to be hugely disappointed that he wasn't receiving a baby horse near his second birthday). Once he told me that we should name him "Peace G-ha" (G-ha is how he says train) which I think takes the cake for creativity. The most hilarious choice he came up with was: "Nemo Elmo". Just like that, first and middle. Talk about the ultimate my-toddler-older-sibling-was-allowed-to-name-me. As cute as that is, so many 'E's and 'M's and 'O's - we have decided on a name that is not Nemo Elmo or Peace G-ha.
Dah dah dah dum:
OWEN CHANDLER CAMPBELL
We liked the name Owen even when we were pregnant with Scott, but we so loved Scott and always knew that is what we would name our son that we didn't consider deviating from our plan. This time around we went through so many (I mean SO MANY) names, only to have the other parent veto and we kept coming back to (and, more importantly, agreeing on) Owen. Chandler is after Brian's paternal grandfather. We are aware of the friends reference, "Ms. Chanandler Bong" will never be far from my mind when I think of the name, but we love the name and its significance. So there it is. We absolutely love his name, almost as much as we already love him!
Owen, we cannot wait to meet you in less than 10 weeks (is that really it? wow!!!). The 3 of us (and Charlie too) love you so much already!

P.S. Scott's first night in the big boy bed went awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers