Friday, January 6, 2012

Four letter words...

What four letter words have we accidentally used around Scott? Very very few thankfully...our little repeater says absolutely everything we do and we have been overly careful, even in moments of our deepest frustration! So what four letter word does Scott know and use...the worst word in the English language (ok there are worse, but none that I can think of that a toddler would hear):
M-I-N-E
I absolutely can't deal. Everything is "mine"! Even if he is not using it at the time. Don't get me wrong Scott is good about sharing, which I attribute to so much playtime with Jay and his other friends but having just learned and understood mine it has become the grand theme of the moment. We try to tell him that his toys etc are his to share and if he doesn't share then we will take them away but he is not deterred from his insistence.
I know it's a stage but oh how I loathe the "mine"!
In honor of the "mine" I give you the Toddlers Rules of Possesion (via pinterest):
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If its in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If its mine it must NEVER appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If its broken, it's yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers