Friday, March 23, 2012

A little more birth story...

What I left out of the birth story was Brian's injury. For both labors I used an inflatable tub that had to be filled from a hose extended from the sink. Long story short: we had to move the tub for the hose to reach (remodeled kitchen sink was not compatible with our hose) and Brian had to hold the sink end. So while I had contractions he was filling the tub only to have the end in the pool break free and spray all over our living room (walls, ceiling, pictures, chair). Brian runs around the corner to grab it, slips in the water and crushes his wrist. When I saw him I literally thought he was going to have a bone sticking out...he did not. He said he was fine the rest of the day but definitely favored it and was in a lot of pain (my grabbing it repeatedly and having him lift me out of the tub and support me while pushed probably did not help the situation). The next day we forced him to get an X-ray. No fracture just severe sprain! The picture above was taken 5 days after...craziest bruise I've ever seen! Yikes! Thanks for being tough Bri - you got me through even with your injury! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers